Thursday, April 15, 2010

Feeling Fit


Yesterday was a fun meet at Tabor Relays! We were able to get the runners who did not qualify for KU Relays into a smaller meet on a Wednesday to get in a solid race. As the 10K approached, it was evident that our top 10K runner was going to be lapping the field and would be all by himself. Luckily I came prepared for this by bringing my Brooks racing singlet and hopped into the race, rabbiting him for the first 10 laps. Although I wanted to race the whole thing, I knew that it was not in my training plan, and I am very close to my biggest race of the season. The 10 laps felt smooth and easy, hitting 80's a lap without a problem into a strong head wind. After dropping off, I was recovered within thirty seconds which shows me I am very fit. Besides feeling fit, I felt like a star wearing the Brooks ID Jersey!! It's easy to stand out in that lime green jersey. Thanks Brooks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment