Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Blessed

So many people search their whole lives for their calling, going to work each day dreading the day and wishing they had a purpose driven life. They ask themselves how they ended up on the path they are on right now. From a young age, I have had a passion for running. It was something that I enjoyed being around and participating in. While the idea of spending a weekend at a track meet may sound horrible to the majority of society, it sounds like an exciting weekend to me. Of course, I have my favorite races to watch, but I still enjoy the other events that are going on throughout the day. I have found happiness on my path in life so far, as a runner, and as a coach, along with my faith.

What I failed to realize for so long was that what I was doing was important. I truly feel God has called me to coach and to continue competing in running and in triathlon races. It had been troubling that I was not called to be a minister or have a beautiful voice to sing songs to God. I was failing to realize that my passion for running, my drive to use every ounce of strength that God has given me to test the limits of this body that he gave me, is actually my calling. For too long, I ran to please the crowd or to feed my own ego, but I now understand that I am running for God.

Training and working out by myself gets old; I think, "Why is no one here to watch me?" It is then that I realize that God is there, and he is the only one who needs to be there. Race day is important, but God enjoys my running as much on Monday as he does on race day. I am so blessed because he loves me. When I need motivation, God is always there believing in me. God has given me a drive to compete and to be the very best I can be. He also has given me two amazing parents who are always supportive of my training and coaching, and he has blessed me with fantastic sponsors who believe in me and my abilities. I am working on surrounding myself with people who believe in me, from my family to my friends, from my sponsors to my girlfriend. I want to be as much of a blessing to them as they are to me. Special thanks to Brooks for taking care of my feet and keeping me running! Thank you God for blessing me with this life in spite of my being unworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment