Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cracked Rib


One week away from kicking off the 2012 triathlon season, and my confidence is a bit shaken. What was originally thought to be a bruised rib turned out to be a cracked rib. Joking around with friends ended up with me getting tackled, and now I have spent the last nine days teaching my body better posture on runs and on the bike to relieve any pressure. The most painful thing is not training though, it's when I sneeze. Needless to say, I am learning to deal with a constant pain on deep breaths that may come in handy when finishing a triathlon. My kick off triathlon will be the Kansas City 5i50 Olympic distance triathlon. Hopefully with prayer and a little rest, I will be ready to rock it. This is the time of year I look forward to, as I will be returning to Colorado to train and race. Following this next race, I will have a week in Indiana at the NAIA National Track and Field Championships followed by a move to Colorado for two months.

2 comments:

  1. Our family is praying for you and hoping you heal nicely. Nick particularly wishes you well. Perhaps we will see you at one of your races. Best wishes from our home to yours. The Robinsons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really appreciate the support and most of all the prayers. See you down the road.

    ReplyDelete