Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gain of Confidence

This past weekend I decided to test my fitness. After having such terrible luck in Richmond, I wanted to see how ready I was physically for the upcoming summer race season. So, I decided Friday night that I would wake up at 4:30 a.m. on Saturday and drive to Wichita to run the 10K River Run. Although there were around 3,000 runners, I managed to get out and run a 33:40 which placed me third. It was a very windy race, and I ran a somewhat stupid race, blocking the wind for over a mile for the guy who ended up getting second. I was very pleased to realize that with a bit of peaking, I would have run in the 32's, and if I wasn't dividing my training time with swimming and cycling, and if instead I just focused on running, I would be under 32 min for 10K. That thought made me very happy. If I can run under 34 minutes and hit 60+miles of running, 150+ miles of cycling and 4 swim workouts in a week, I am ready to have a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment