Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer



Summer is here, and I am in Colorado! I wasn’t here three days before I was on Pike's Peak doing a workout. After the workout was over, I headed down from Bar Camp. On the way down, a dog without a leash jumped out in front of me causing me to trip and rip open my knee and palm. I lucked out by not getting stitches, but I was unable to run or really bend my leg in any way for four days. Yesterday I got out and ran 5 miles and did an hour bike ride with a bit of discomfort. Each day brings more healing as I get closer to the Kansas Half Ironman this Sunday.
Christmas morning?!! Nope, it's just June 2nd but today I received a package from Xterra Wetsuits. It was a few shirts and the Vendetta Wet Suit! It is a lot like Christmas when you know what toy you will be getting, but you cant play with it for a few days. I already know it is one of the fastest tri suits on the market or if not, awful close. As I am a sub par swimmer, I always have to make up time in the bike and a lot in the run. With another year of swimming under my belt and the best wet suit, I hope to get myself out of the whole that I tend to dig. Thank you Xterra for the wetsuit, and I look forward to a great Half Ironman this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment