Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tucson Arizona Day 1

After a very long drive, I made it into Tucson. It has been almost 23 years since I last set foot in Tucson; my parents love to remind me of what happened last time I was here. At nearly 2 years old I managed to fall onto a cactus and while my parents cleaned all the stickers off of me they did not realize that I had a lot more under my shirt. This time I hope to have better luck. Once I arrived I was so ready to get out of the car, lace up the shoes and take in the city, the weather, and the fresh air. Despite a little car sickness in Starkville, CO, I had a relatively laid back trip of resting and catching up with my parents. We took a short break on the way down at the Hard Rock Hotel in Albuquerque. Tomorrow is bike check in and I plan to check out the course while spending some time resting in the hotel. The weather right now is very warm, but luckily it appears I will be racing Saturday morning in high 60’s and low 70’s. Time to rest.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about you and all your progress. Can't wait to hear how it all goes!

    It's been a rough school year for me... I owe you not only a phone call but so much more.

    Kick some A out west Brent!

    ReplyDelete