Friday, April 29, 2011

Tucson Arizona Day 2


After an average night of sleep at best, I managed to wake up to a very windy and hot day. I pray that tomorrow is the opposite. I took the bike out for a quick ride to make sure everything was clicking and ready to ride. Today was an exciting day of gifts, starting with the goody bag with some decent gear, then followed by receiving my new race uniform courtesy of Kompetitive Edge. I can’t wait to race in the state of the art TYR Carbon uniform. Had several friends ask where I would be eating before such an important race. With the help of my dad, I settled on Black Angus, and it was delicious. The final question I was asked today was; am I ready to race? I never know a good answer for this; I am not nervous as I know that the preparation is there. I simply pray to glorify God and let his will be done. Last year I felt ready to rock and had 2 flat tires. So to answer the question I would say that I am well trained, well rested, and strong in my faith. With that, I plan to have fun and race to the best of my ability. I’M PSYCHED!

No comments:

Post a Comment