Sunday, June 5, 2011

Never Quit

In Psalms, I recently stumbled onto a different translation of a verse that hit home in a new way. I had always heard in Psalms 136 that “His love endures forever.” However, in another translation it states that “His love never quits.” I sat there thinking about what I had just read. As a runner, I have had countless people tell me to not quit, to fight, to refuse to give in. While coaching, I gave the speech many times about never quitting and fighting for every second until you cross that line. I picture myself coming down the homestretch, gritting my teeth, fighting, and not quitting. Reading this translation of a Bible verse made me think about God and how he isn’t going to quit on me. Knowing His love endures forever makes me feel secure. Hearing that his love never quits makes me feel strong.

Each day I spend in Colorado I feel a little bit stronger,stronger from great workouts, stronger because I am with my friends, and even stronger because each morning I wake up and run. I have ran in many states but there is a feeling as I finish a run and look up at Pikes Peak, my Ebenezer. A reminder of all that he has done for me. As I jog down the hill just to sprint right back up I look at Pikes Peak and I am reminded that He never quits, His love endures forever, and whatever happens in Kansas I am ok with because I am not going to quit. Doing the best I can using the gifts God has given me is all I can do. So when you are in your next workout, race,or flat rotten day, remember this; “His love never quits”!

The view from the Incline on Pikes Peak

No comments:

Post a Comment