Sunday, January 8, 2012

3K at KU


2012 started off with a post-collegiate personal best in the 3K. Stepping on the new 200m track at KU was exciting for two reasons: first, it is a new surface, and second, I have not set foot on any track in several months. Having had no opportunity for any speed work was a slight worry going into the race, but I knew worrying about it wouldn’t change anything. Before the gun went off, I looked around and realized I was the only non-University of Kansas runner in the fast heat. My plan quickly changed to HOLD ON. The race went off as fast as I thought it would, as I came through the mile at 4:40 and was far from first. Although I did not win, I am excited to see such a result when my running is only getting one third of my training time. After being out of college for two and a half years, there is no doubt that each race could easily be a personal best or a lifetime worst. Hard work and prayer are all I have! With those two tools, I am ready for the triathlon racing season to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment