Friday, November 18, 2011

Missing Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the NAIA cross country National Championship. I have raced it, coached it, and lived it. As the night grows short and morning approaches, I can’t help but think of the race and of the runners who I coached that will be there without me. I want to call each one of them up and tell them how much I miss them and how well I know they will do, but they are no longer my team. I am at Kansas Wesleyan, calling my future runners, letting them know that I know the way to Nationals, and that I plan to be there next year. I know my runners here gave everything they had this season, and I am very proud to be their coach while also being ready for the future. So, good luck to Justin Hill, Chris Scheideman, Cory Clark, Aaron Caldwell, Taylor Nall, Eric Larson, Vince Tadokoro, Ashley McBride, and Lauren Jaqua! Run smart, run fast, and trust your training. Also best of luck to Lauren Jimison. After watching her win in Indiana last May, I know she will win tomorrow and do so in a way that would glorify God. Good night and Good Luck! I will be praying for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment