Monday, December 5, 2011

Dropped

Well, I had wondered if this day was coming, and my suspicions were confirmed tonight. After only one year with Kompetitve Edge, I was dropped. For over two months I had been trying to contact them without getting any response.

This past summer I had a mediocre summer of racing and wondered if that would affect sponsorships. Luckily when I joined Kompetitive Edge they knew I was still maturing and growing into training full time for triathlons. I was assured that this was like a family who wanted to help me out and who liked who I was, as much as what I could do in a race. Unfortunately they no longer feel the same way. What is truly sad is that I did not even get a phone call or a personalized email.

So, what now? I train harder, I train longer, I train faster, and I train even smarter. This summer cannot get here fast enough. I cannot wait to let them see what they passed up. After a year living only a block from a pool and spending time training with amazing coaching and ideas from Jim Hallberg, I hope to see great results.

I know that I only live in Colorado a few months out of the year, and they must not believe they were getting enough referral business, but I was under the impression I was part of a family. If my brother moves to Ohio, I will still love him. Every company is different and everyone does what they have to do. I am sad to see them go because I thought so highly of them. I hope to find a new company that is willing to work with me, and I will do all I can for them, as I did for Kompetitve Edge. If this is how they act toward those they do not support, I am excited to find a new family. It is one thing to be rejected but to be dumped is completely different. So, to whatever company who chooses to endorse me, I promise to work hard, race hard, and do all I can to help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment